Sunday, March 28, 2010

martha, whisper those sweet nothings...

I was flicking through the Anniversary Issue of Martha Stewart Weddings - Winter 2010 (for the USA - its certainly not cold over here at the moment) and was feeling a little guilty. I got married last year so I shouldn't be indulging in the wedding mags anymore! But looking through the pages I realised there was more in there for me than any other wedding mag!

There are the recipes of course that anyone could benefit from, but there are so many sources of inspiration! Who cares if its a wedding venue - how did they set the table? I'm thinking parties and events at our house! There is craft and flowers, the architecture inside wedding venues - the list goes on...

So much planning goes into the look and feel of a wedding - and its only one day! I want to get the and put it into a home! Be inspired by everything you can get your hands on!

Editorial Director Darcy Miller made a great point in the Expert Advice section, that I would like to share.

" It seems obvious, but in the end, guests see only what's

there; they don't see what's not there.

And thats a very important lesson to learn "

I love that!

People are always apologising about the state of their house - its messy, the paint scheme isn't right, its not bright enough - but are people always going to notice these things? - no! Concentrate on what you have and run with it! Get that picture that you love - that inspires you - and create your dream! Don't apologise to someone that it isn't the same! This is your spin on it! Infuse the 'you' in everything you do.

I think the best compliment I could ever receive from guests visiting my future home is:

"this is so Mr & Mrs Piggy" !!


No comments:

Post a Comment