Monday, January 31, 2011

these are a few of my fav-our-ite things...

Colour - love it, don't know much about it and frankly haven't had to think too deeply about it... now I am surrounded by it! So many decisions! Mr Piggy isn't too interested in looking through a thousand different colours - he likes to look at a few, so I am the one breaking the process down.

I never really understood where people come from when they say to pick a few colours and work around them... how can I when I love all colours? So, to keep the resale value in the house, but still make a house thats 100% us I am think raw, natural, sleek (my motto, yes) and the following...

brown

white

black

grey

with timber and metal accents

I love popping colour so if all the big bits are based around these colours, then we can also use colourful rugs, cushions, art and other preddy things and it will make this very natural slate modern, quirky and fun.

I have been looking at houses that have a cream scheme and I am not liking what the light does - it bounces back yellow. I feel like I have a liver problem or something. My eyes feel funny. I'm just not used to it. So I am thinking - the whiter (on the walls), the better.

Seeing as we have not used grey yet (except for our ideas of the TV wall) I am thinking a grey lounge. I don't know how I feel about leather - I don't like it when its too wrinkly. I guess we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment