Sunday, January 17, 2010

DNA Art

I have been loving DNA art ever since I saw it in the flight magazine on a plane. Art really couldn't get more personal than this!

So many colours and styles! Who knows what the colour scheme of our home will be, but I have to give some pics because I work with visuals! I am leaning towards neutral colours, but I've thrown in some preddy colours as well.











Now to the nitty gritty... how do they do it?

They provide you with a kit to get started, you use a swap to rub the inside of your cheek (just like they do on C.S.I.!!) The image on your DNA Art™ is acheived by creating a DNA profile. DNA fragments are tagged with fluorescent dyes and literally photographed. The result is a series of bands and highlights. Its YOUR art!!


I think I would get it on stretched canvas, but there are other options too! You can even get prints with the DNA of multiple people! But, I think we would probably get seperate canvases.

No comments:

Post a Comment